Posted on September 20, 2012
Good Morning Brides! We want to introduce you to the super amazing couple videographer team with CandeLight Films, Clint & Lauren Brock!
And we can’t forget to mention the newest and sweetest edition to their family, Baby Ellie ! We had the privilege of working with Clint & Lauren at Matt & Jenna’s wedding last March. Ashley and I were impressed with their professionalism, team mentality, work ethic and most of all, final product! As we’ve followed their work and client reviews, we want nothing more than to highlight a couple you will absolutely want to hire for your big day. We are often asked by brides for videographer recommendations, so we want you to hear from them first hand!
“Mommy, let’s watch the movie when you were a fairy princess!”
Imagine a little girl who looks just like you, she has your hair, she has your eyes, and right before bedtime she asks, “Mommy, let’s watch the movie when you were a fairy princess!” That will melt. your. heart. You probably never thought to ask that to your mom, but your little girl can have that chance one day.
And…it can be a wedding video that you are proud of. Something that is as amazing and stylish as your wedding was. Something that literally captures the spirit of the day for you to relive again and again. Something different than what probably comes to mind when you think of a “wedding video.”
Today the same cameras that are used to shoot television shows are within reach for wedding cinematographers. Professional wedding videos rival movie trailers with gorgeous shots, crisp audio and creativity that could win film festivals. They tell a beautiful story of guy meets girl, convey so much emotion and let you relive the feelings of love and excitement you felt on the absolute best day of your life.
When you hire a professional wedding cinematographer, you get a keepsake that is as stunning as every other part of your wedding. It is something that is easy to overlook if you haven’t been exposed to beautiful, modern, professional wedding films, but is the number one regret of couples after the fact. We encourage you not to overlook one of the only two things that is left after the big day (wedding photos and wedding videos). Research videographers in your area and find one that matches your wedding style and will produce an heirloom quality video to preserve your memories of the best day of your life.
Here are a few examples of our take on the best day of your life. Our goal is to help you remember the day exactly as it was…or better. And to create a film that you will watch over and over again.
~Clint & Lauren
Posted on August 14, 2012
We have asked one of our sweet brides and fashion blogger, Bethany Jensen, to share with you some helpful tips in planning your photoshoot outfit and style! Bethany has such impeccable style herself, so we are happy for her to share some great insight on the subject! Hope you all enjoy!
Guest Blog: Fashion and Beauty Tips for Your Photo Session
We all have a signature personal style, whether we think we do or not. The key for your photography session is to stick to your personal style, just to enhance it a little bit. The best advice I can give anyone before their photo session is to scour the Internet for personal style photos. Whether your style is casual, country, chic, bohemian etc. there is a girl captured on film with similar tastes. It helps us to put together outfits from our closet, or decide what we need to buy based on other peoples outfits they have put together. Things you wouldn’t even think of putting together on your own.
It’s best to plan on having at least two looks, three for good measure, at least one casual and one dressy. My thought process was to think of where I imagined my photos and from there I thought about how I wanted look in that location. Was I going for fun or romantic? Laid back or elegant?
Your casual look should reflect you in every way. If you wear jeans most often, wear your favorite pair of jeans! If you love casual shorts or skirts, wear those! It’s all about looking like yourself. Again, search the blogs, Pinterest, anywhere you can gain some inspiration! You can easily find casual looks that are anything but plain. Let’s see some examples from my favorite bloggers, yay!
1. Layer, layer, layer. Adding layers adds so much to a basic look. This blogger also tied her lip color back into the outfit. If you wear a plaid make sure your fiance wears a solid color so as not to contrast.
2. Wear colored denim for a different take on your basic jean! The hat gives this look a fun twist and the belt breaks up the outfit a bit.
3. Again, layering. This blazer totally amps up her otherwise very basic casual denim shorts and t-shirt. Instead of muted colors, go for a bold color t-shirt or blazer. You could even pair this with cowboy boots if your theme or style is a bit country.
Pair any of these looks with a flat or sandal for a more laid back look.
4. A bold sweater and legging is casual but still very eye catching if you pair it with a collared shirt and layered necklaces.
5. Again with the colored denim but here this blogger pairs it with a contrasting striped shirt, love the colors!
6. A cute skirt with a knotted shirt is a great way to slim your waist.
Now, this is the fun part. Your dressy look should be your most favorite outfit, or something new that you just love. You’re going to keep these pictures forever so find something that you can’t wait show off. I chose a periwinkle maxi dress, it honestly wasn’t the most elegant thing I could have worn but it fit into my vision perfectly. It was laid back, boho and completely me.
1. A bold dress, statement heels and chunky necklace. This is one of my favorite silhouettes for a dress or skirt. It’s sweet and romantic with the perfect amount of punch. Again, if you’re wearing a print make sure your fiance’s shirt doesn’t clash.
2. A basic dress with a bright blazer and statement necklace is so classy. I love the way she paired this look with a basic black heel.
3. A dress so appealing it can stand alone.
4 . 5 . 6
4. Pleated skirts are such a feminine item, I especially love this mini version paired with a classic black heel and statement necklace.
5. Glitter adds glam to any outfit. This look could also work reversed with a basic skirt or even white jeans and a sequin top.
6. Maxi skirts and dresses are so incredibly elegant, this deep purple would look stunning in photographs.
Now, I’m no hair and makeup guru. A lot of us aren’t, but we all can be, err at least try. Just like fashion bloggers give us outfit ideas, beauty bloggers give us makeup inspiration. And even better, some of these bloggers turn vloggers. Yes, vloggers, video bloggers. The best thing ever. You can learn the best ways to apply makeup and style your hair by watching other girls just like us who have mastered it.
Before my engagement session I watched a ton of makeup videos. You probably don’t realize how wrong you’re doing your makeup until you learn the right way. I had makeup brushes that I didn’t even know what they were for. I learned so much just from watching YouTube.
1. Prepare your skin weeks before your session. Make sure to remove your makeup every night before bed, moisturize and drink lots of water!
2. Practice your makeup look several times before your session. I did my makeup similar to how I wanted it to look for photos every day for a couple weeks before our scheduled session. If you don’t have time to complete full makeup every morning, practice in the evening before you wash your face. Take pictures if you need to!
3. Apply your make up in natural light. Since most of us take our engagement photos outside, applying your makeup in the same lighting will give you the best application.
4. Start with a primer to smooth out your skin so your foundation goes on flawlessly.
5. Use matte products, shimmery finishes tend to reflect light and don’t photograph well.
6. Use a yellow tinted powder to set your makeup and remove any shine. If you tend to get oily, bring oil absorbing sheets, especially if it’s a hot day.
7. Learn how to contour and highlight!
My Favorite Makeup Tutorials
My Favorite Hair Tutorials
I sincerely hope that this post will help you find the best look for your photos. To be a bride is one of the most exciting times of your life. The most important thing is to be yourselves, interact with each other the same way you normally would. You are in extremely good hands with Ashley and Micah, so have fun and be in love!
To see more from Bethany check out her blog at http://www.misplacedsequins.com/
Posted on July 18, 2011
***This post can also be viewed on the new What To Wear tab at the top of the page ***
We know that choosing outfits for your session can be a lot of pressure, and we testify that an awesome outfit can make a photo shoot even that much more amazing. So, we have spent time compiling tips and images (for you visual learners!) that make great photo shoot ensembles. Hope this is more than helpful!
3 Quick Outfit Ideas For Her:
Short Dress + Leggings + 3 Quarter Length Cardigan + Flats + Long Necklace
Skinny Jeans/Jeggings + Long Shirt + Belt + Headband + Pumps
Skirt + Blouse + Scarf + Wedges + Assorted Bracelets
3 Quick Outfit Ideas For Him:
Straight Leg Jeans + Henley Shirt + Blazer + TOMS
Jeans + Button Down Shirt (Rolled up Sleeves) + Vest + Vans
Jeans + Button Down Shirt + Jacket + Straight Tie + Loafers
A few tips for choosing great outfits:
- The number one rule for picking outfits for your session: Don’t Match. Coordinate!
- Start with something you really want to wear and create your outfit from there. Did you buy a vintage dress that you adore or a killer pair of boots? Let it inspire you!
- Choose a theme color for you and your man’s outfits. Say, navy blue. If he wears a navy blue shirt and a tan jacket, you could choose a bright colored top, a neutral colored pencil skirt, and navy wedges. You could even add a floral scarf that has navy incorporated in it. A theme color is not necessary, but sometimes it aids in choosing awesome outfits!
- Put together an outfit that you feel reflects your personality. Then, replace one item with something crazy (well, you might think it’s crazy, but we think it’s essential!). Keep reading for a list of “crazies.”
- For Her: Dresses & Skirts. Dressy always photographs well. Dresses look good with flats or heels and even look great paired up with leggings. You can add a belt or a layering piece to change up the look as well.
- For Her: Tops & Layering. Layering your clothes adds interest to the eye and can be very be slimming to your figure (the first layer keeps everything tight and the second layer hides any extra “fluff”). A simple addition can be adding a camisole underneath your blouse or a cardigan over a frilly top. Easy as pie. And let’s be honest, layering is great for guys, too.
Simple updates that make a big impact:
- Shoes. Wearing a new pair of shoes can brighten up any old outfit, especially for your man. Choose a pair that will add excitement by picking bold colors and updated shapes.
- Headbands & Flowers. Adding a headband can be the perfect final touch to your ensemble. A flower in your hair or pinned on your blouse/jacket will add a splash of color and texture that is sure to attract.
- Scarves. Scarves are one of the easiest and least expensive ways to make a positive change in your outfit. They not only add color, but can make any old shirt look like the newest fashion trend. Scarves can also be wrapped and tied in tons of ways, which you can view on this website.
- Jewelry. Accessorizing with jewelry is a vital part of choosing a great outfit. Adding a mess of pearls, a vintage locket, or a cuff bracelet might be just the thing your outfit is missing.
- Belts. They range from thick elastic with flowers to thin braided leather. Both styles could make a simple top or dress stellar.
- Leggings or Tights. Adding a pair of these can make a dress more playful and give you an updated appearance.
- Coats, Jackets, & Vests. Remember the layering thing we were talking about? For real. It works every time.
- Suspenders, Bow Ties, & Straight Ties. Your man will thank us that he was confident enough to wear one of these. Why? Because you are going to love the pictures so much more. These little additions to any guy’s outfit will make a huge difference.
- Hats. We aren’t talking ball caps here. Let your man try a Fedora, a Derby, an Ivy cap, or a Newsboy cap. He will look and feel awesome sporting one of these.
We’ve created a couple ideas for choosing outfits for you and your man that will photography well. See if you can see how we incorporated different aspects of the tips we gave you!
- Ensemble Idea #1. Dark brown is the theme color here. Notice how the outfit is made up of earthy colors like pink, gold, and tan, which really soften the dark brown theme.
Ensemble Idea #2. Red is the theme color here. For this outfit, we imagine that the girl found these killer red pumps and decided to choose her outfit around it. The teal laces hint for a teal top. With two bright colors in the outfit, a neutral skirt is necessary. Since the girl’s outfit has so many bright colors, it’s safe for the guy to choose mostly neutral for his outfit and then add a splash of the theme color.
Clothing pictured from: Anthropologie, Modcloth, Urban Outfitters, Ruche, Gap, & Fossil
Posted on September 21, 2010
Well, as you may have seen from our post the other day, we decided to to our first ever Bridal Show. We chose to do one in Abilene in order to promote more business in that direction (we mostly get DFW brides, which is GREAT but we would love to expand West!)! So, we decided to do it about 6 months ago!
We feel SO blessed by all the incredible people who helped us put on this show. From day one we had a vision of what we wanted our booth to look like – but we needed help getting it to look that way. One of our friends, Karla Elston, is super crafty and we knew she was perfect for the job! Okay, maybe crafty is an understatement. She’s literally incredible! She helped us design the set, and then created it with her husband. Can you say amazing?
We had a small staff of hard workers who did such an amazing job at creating an environment that represented our business the best! We are so so so grateful for all the hard work everyone put in and just could not be MORE pleased with how everything turned out! Thank you thank you thank you Karla, Kalin, Naomi, Joice, and David for everything you all did for us. Ya’ll are precious!
We also want to give a special THANK YOU to It’s About Time. Their awesome furniture was featured in our booth!! Be sure to stop by and say “Hi” to Susan at It’s About Time, off of South 14th Street across from United — 1395 Albany Street to be exact!
Also, a BIG thanks to all of the brides who came out to the show and stopped by our booth!
Now for the good stuff.
All of the brides who stopped by the booth got to enter a drawing to win a $300 suitcase designed by Nicole Miller! It is now time to announce the winner!!
The winner is……………………(drum roll, please)………
Yay yay yay! We are excited to present the luggage to you! Congratulations!
In other SUPER exciting news, the Total Bridal Show hosts had a contest of their own. From 11:30-12:00 on the day of the expo, they held a contest for the “Show-Stopper Booth” and winner receives a free both at the next bridal show! Well, guess what?
No kidding. For real! So if you didn’t get to go to the show, you’re probably wondering what our booth looked like, right? Well, lucky for you – we have pictures!! Take a look!
Joice & Naomi pictured with the a Total Bridal Show director. Double Knot Photography was presented with the “Show-Stopper” award!
Here’s one last plug for It’s About Time antique store in Abilene! Thanks again for furnishing our booth! Everyone should go see them!
Posted on September 18, 2010
Attention Abilene and surrounding area Brides-To-Be!!!
Double Knot Photography (that’s us!) will be hosting a booth in the Total Bridal Show in Abilene tomorrow from 12-5pm! Come on out and visit our booth and enter to win a Nicole Miller designed suitcase worth $300 (winner will be announced Monday!) and also take advantage of our $200 discount for booking your wedding at the Bridal Show!
Oh, and BY THE WAY – we cannot WAIT for you to see what our booth looks like! Shout out to Karla for helping us design and create the booth we envisioned! It will be worth your trip to come out just to see our booth (yes, Karla is that awesome!).
We look forward to meeting your beautiful faces! Blessings!
Ashley & Micah